(Lanham, MD - March 11, 2017) Our COO and Managing Partner, Bill Ruggles, in collaboration with R.G. Freeman Group and ProTech Training, successfully delivered a 3-day workshop to a group of Information Technology Program Managers and Section Chiefs at the IRS site located in Lanham, MD on March 6th-8th.
This hands-on workshop focused on the best practices for "Aligning Project Management with Organizational Strategy" and included a copy of the 2016 book he co-authored: Effective Portfolio Management Systems along with a Student Manual and various hand-outs for each participant.
This 3-day, instructor-led workshop emphasized the following topics:
- An Overview of Work, Management, Governance, Project Portfolio Management (PPM) in Organizations, and the 4-Phase Organizational Portfolio Development Life Cycle,
- A Public Sector, IT OPM/PPM Sample Case Study,
- Perform Phase I: Develop the Organizational Project Management System (OPM),
- Perform Phase II: Create the OPM System Implementation Plan,
- Perform Phase III: Implement/Monitor the OPM System,
- Perform Phase IV: Execute Organizational Change Management, and
Closing Thoughts, Workshop Q&A, Next Steps, and Closing Paperwork
As a result of this successful offering, we have already been asked to develop a 2-day workshop focusing on the same subject only reducing the depth of coverage compared with the 3-day version and add an IT OPM/PPM Sample Case Study for the Private/For-Profit Sector.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about this new workshop.