Bill Ruggles delivered a 2-day, on-site workshop on "Identifying Problems, Analyzing Root Causes, and Generating Effective Solutions" for 25 management-trainees of Capital One Bank's Project Management Development Program in McLean, VA on November 9-10th. Participants originated from its offices in Plano, TX; San Francisco, CA; Richmond, VA; and, Mclean, VA.
This was his 2nd time delivering this workshop since he did so for a different group of Capital One PMDP trainees last November.
The six (6) primary goals of this Workshop were to:
- Create an understanding of the role and challenges of integrating project stakeholder, scope, and quality management.
- Build a comprehensive set of skills required for the multi-dimensional management of process improvement projects.
- Explore the use of quality management tools and the lessons to be learned from the modern quality movement.
- Provide an understanding of basic and more advanced quality management tools.
- Allow participants to apply the skills they have learned in small team exercises.
- Help participants increase their ability to satisfy stakeholders by creating products that meet stakeholder needs and requirements via strategically-aligned projects employing processes both effectively and efficiently.